Monday, March 7, 2011

class#4

   Today's class was a lot of fun and we packed a lot of information into the time we had. First of all we did a lot of review work on our classroom newsletters. It seemed as though everyone was having as much trouble as I was for one reason or another. Dr. Damiri was very helpful and patient with us as she reviewed and helped us to figure out exactly what she was wanting. My main problem involved formatting and then I had some trouble translating it into Spanish. We eventually got it all figured out and moved on.

   For the second part of class we had a lot of fun as Dr. Damiri explained Web 2.0 to us. I really enjoyed playing around with all of the Web2.0 tools. Dr. Damiri had us choose from a list of websites to visit and then she had us present a few to our classmates and to explain how they could be useful in the classroom. I chose one that let you scramble words and then another that allowed you to do all sorts of fun interactive things to learn about the U.S. government. This is one type of technology that can used many ways in the classroom such as letting the students play educational games and by giving teachers many resources to promote learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment