Monday, March 7, 2011

class#3

   In today's class April presented chapter 3 of our textbook to the class. The focus of this chapter was to explain the many uses and applications of software. Among the many included were productivity software, school management software, video editing software, education software, and home/personal software. She also helped us to understand how these were to be used in the classroom and how they could enhance our instruction as teachers.

   Next, Dr. Damiri led in a discussion about blogs and wiki's. The difference between a blog and a wiki is that a blog is a single person's ideas and thoughts allowing for others comments. A wiki is better for collaborative activities because it allows everyone to contribute to the project or activity. Both can be used for group projects just in different ways. In the classroom, blogs are good for intrapersonal activities whereas wikis are better for interpersonal activities.

   Although I feel as though I am behind in my technology abilities, I really enjoy learning about it. Any new  thing I learn is very exciting for me and I am always amazed at how easy it is once I pick up on something new.  I still have a lot of anxiety where technology is concerned but am getting relaxed enough to make mistakes and realize that they can always be fixed! My classmates have been very encouraging and helpful to me. It's nice to have such a great support system in place when I need it. Thanks guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment